Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Someday... Oneday... I WILL be who I WANT to be

I have been trying to blog for long time now. I have had so many ideas in my head on which I could blog about but nothing seems to keep me focused beyond few minutes. I had been to couple of trips in last 30 days and I wanted to write my experience, then I wanted write about the people I met there and then on how I was missing Galway, few days later I wanted to write about my reaction to the news that I might have to return back to India. None of them held me interested long enough that I could write a long blog on them. When these ideas took birth in my chaos mind, it caught my attention and I framed and reframed in my head the sentences that I would write. At that moment all I thought about was the topic. Few minutes into it I got distracted. I guess thats my personality. I get bored of things too soon, everything seem interesting at the beginning and then it all falls apart. This leads to lack of committment in me and that is a huge problem that I have to deal with. Its not like I haven't tried to stay committed. I have made plans, kept myself to a routine, took really serious decisions not to ignore the decisions made, but then it all falls apart again. I'm actually tired of this whole process where my mind takes things seriously, commits itself for few days and later ignores, feels lazy about the whole process.

I don't know if you are like me, lacking commitment. Each one of us have a problem that they need to work on. Something in them they want to change, they have tried and failed. And then they try again. We know what exactly is wrong with us and what exactly we need to do to overcome it. We feel guilty and ashamed when we repeatedly repeat the same old mistakes. I feel yuck about myself when I repeat my mistakes. I don't know how you feel but I'm sure its not good. But what we fail to notice is that we haven't stopped trying, we haven't stopped being creative in coming up with solutions that would train our minds to not do the same thing over and over again, we are coming up with ideas which could cheat/train our minds to NOT do something which which is natural to it. How awesome are we? That sound so cool, cheating your own mind stuff. Anyway what I want say is we all are like the itsy bitsy spider. Who tried and failed but tried until it had success and that is what even we should do. Never give up. We will train our body and mind to work the way we want it to work. Someday but that oneday we will achieve it.

Itsy Bitsy spider climbing up the spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
Now Itsy Bitsy spider went up the spout again!

And once I achieve that I will move on to another spout.

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up
Philippians 1:6 - And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ

2 comments:

  1. "took really serious decisions not to ignore the decisions made" - I like that sentence..
    Frankly I don't think it is that you are cheating your own mind.. The problem with most of us is that we don't see everything in black and white, there is a lot of grey area and in spite of us constantly trying, we end up in the same puddle more often than not :) Now as far as getting bored of things goes I personally think you can't force some stuff, you just need to go with the flow. Sometimes, that is what makes us happy and that is what people are all about - being happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) .. so true. I feel the same sometimes. So many things could have been done, fell short of commitment so many times. And then comes the "counter -regret" argument from mind- "When everything is short lived and meaningless why should I commit myself achieving them. So sit and relax !!" :) ..

    ReplyDelete