Thursday, January 17, 2013

Making it our own...

INDIA..My Nation..I love my country. I love every aspect of what it is to me. I have had a wonderful childhood here, I have made a lot and lot of friends here, I have chosen my partner here, I found my Love here. India will always be special to me, I would never be able to love another country like I love this one. This country may not be all that great for a someone else or as organised, powerful or advanced as many other countries, but its MINE and thats enough for me. 'There is no place like home', and this is home.

If you have to write an essay (like you used to in school) about India you might have used the following words in it - developing nation, slums, poverty, festivals, colors, bollywood stars, unhygenic, unorganised, poor infrastructure, IT minds, mathematicians, pollution, population and more. Any nation has both positive and negative aspects to it, depending on the person you are you would focus on either of it. India too has both positves and negatives to it . We are a developing nation. Yes we are not China, we are slow, but we are growing. We are a land of colors, festivals. You can see different colors in the rangolis we draw, sarees in a marriage, duppata of a college student, recently in the vastu appropriate houses. Everything that a foreign mind thinks about India is true, but its not all. We are much more as a nation, a nation with more to offer to world and also a nation with a lot more dirt to clean up and a lot more internal problems to solve.

In this post I want to present an idea to solve one such problems we face. Not a solution but one small step towards solving this problem. Close your eyes and imagine (both video and audio) of the following places- you in a Mumbai local train..... now move to your school class room..... now move to Majestic bus stand in Bangalore......now to Forum mall in Bangalore. Lets do the same with a different country, take yrclose your eyes again and imagine similar places of a different country........ Let me give you few more minutes to relax :).... I hope you are back... Was your brain less stressed in the second set of places? I'm sure the difference you saw was the number of people unless you imagined China in second set (If you did, why would you imagine China of all the places???). We Indians say population is one of the major problems of this country. People are everywhere, there is a queue for everything, waiting list from train, waiting list for college admissions, we don't know the term 'personal space' because there is no such thing called personal space in India. (This dialogue just came to my mind- if someone asked me for personal space i would answer- There is NO personal space in public places and your father is not the 'Father of Nation' to demand... even if he was, know that 'Father of Nation' was killed by one of us).

Problem - Population. Solution - to make it our own, by which I mean solution is adoption, to adopt a child to make this child your own. Whenever you decide to have a child think of adoption too. If you want only 1 kid and want it to be of your ''own blood'', well go ahead and have one. If you want to have 2 kids, why not give birth to 1 and give life to another by adopting. If you decide on more kids, it would be great if you can adopt as many as possible. I know most of us would adopt a child when we cannot have our own. We go to a orphan child when we are helpless and we cannot have our own kid hoping it would make us its parents. Instead why not go to a orphan child and make them as our little angel or little prince even when we don't need to. Adoption should be from heart not the step when thats is the only way to have a child. If you cannot adopt a child and bring it home due to what ever reasons atleast adopt a child's education, donate to a child's education, its health care, its future. We spend a awful lot of money in branded clothes to parties in an expensive restuarant all for a image. Why not adopt and change the image that you see everyday in the mirror, to an image much gentle, much kind. Giving money to charity work is an excellent deed but doing the charity work in your home taking it as a privilege would be Beautiful.

I just realized this may not reduce our problem- population, but on the other hand may help in cleaning up dirt, dirt from some child's life, that it may not have to suffer in streets or grow up without guidance or love. I urge you, if you can, talk to your partners about this. If not to eradicate any of our nation's problems atleast to go beyond the call of duty. Think about it.

I think to give birth and love your child is human but to adopt and make it your own is -divine. Why divine? See below.

Ephesians 1:5 - 'God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.'

2 comments:

  1. Me and a friend had a conversation about the above topic, Since I cannot have the entire conversation in the comments so here is the summary of it..drafted by him for me.. Thanks da :D..

    Adoption- should be a way of life in future for us. In whatever way it is implemented and whoever does it adds to a better life and society eventually.. When its done in large scale can minimize the problems our nation faces.

    ReplyDelete